Haven’t posted for a while. The semester was full of a lot of stressful moments but definitely more wonderful ones. :) But that means, unfortunately, that I had no time to blog…anyways, wrapping up 2010 with this survey I’ve filled out for the past couple years. It doesn’t really do 2010 justice, but school’s been out for a while and it’s hard to put together a coherent paragraph. ;)
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Wandered London by myself.
Was CCF president.
Played in a legit orchestra.
Rode a rollercoaster(s).
Went to a non-classical music concert (Tenth Avenue North)
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I made ONE –to read all of Paradise Lost. I’m still on book 3. Every time I open it I think of brilliant Milton was and of how much it oppressively reminds me of homework. So I guess my resolution this year will be to actually finish Paradise Lost.
And, I want to learn how to ask deeper questions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin Eve had little 小虎 earlier this year. And he is SO. CUTE.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My uncle passed away in October. I didn’t know him very well, but from what I do know he was a very faithful, kind man. May he rest in peace.
5. What countries did you visit?
England!!! I spent a fantastic month studying abroad in London and visited some cities close by like Cambridge and Bath. I also spent a good deal of time in Canadian airports en route to London.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
More trust, in God and in other people.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 8-10, the dates of CCF spring retreat. It was an incredible full of sharing, praying, laughing, crying, healing, and praising. It was AWESOME seeing the many ways God worked that weekend –a friend became a brother in Christ and a sister got a powerful hold on forgiveness. We shared mundane moments like cooking and cleaning and had a lot of crazy late-night moments as well. That weekend my CCFers showed me the true meaning of Christian fellowship. <3
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
…eating more than David at IHOP.
9. What was your biggest failure?
A lot of things just popped into my head, but probably the biggest thing was failing to go to the Lord with my problems.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a bad cold most of finals week, bleh.
11. What was the best thing you bought ?
My small-but-mighty vacuum cleaner (nothing can stand in my way now!) and a grey sweater coat. Seriously goes with anything.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Many people come to mind. I have pretty awesome friends and family. :)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A CERTAIN roommate and a CERTAIN 小伙子 that KIDNAPPED MY PANDA.
14. Where did most of your money go?
My London trip. And rent. Bah.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Wimbledon, CCF retreat, dimsum in London, and finalllllly getting an A in a legit English class.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
“Shine Jesus Shine”. Singing it in CCF, in London with Melissa, this past semester in large group…it was a year learning how to get my focus off myself and onto letting Jesus shine.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. are you happier or sadder? I think I was pretty happy this time last year too J
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter, despite the fact that I’ve been in a constant state of hunger lately. Lol
iii. richer or poorer? Richer, probably. God’s good.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Praying. As always.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressing out about things I can’t fix.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent Christmas at home with my immediate family and aunt from Richmond. We had 火锅 and watched movies!
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
“Unicorns I love them unicorns I love them, uni uni unicornssssss” ~
22. This question appears to be missing from the original survey.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Watching the Winter Olympics on TV was pretty sweet.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Purple Hibiscus by Adichie. I read it for English class and thought it was a beautiful, painfully honest account of a young girl’s life in Nigeria. Couldn’t put it down.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Tenth Avenue North!
28. What did you want and get?
Heh, so I asked for chopsticks, the new Josh Groban CD, and a unicorn for my birthday and received all three. :)
29. What did you want and not get?
A dog. Sigh.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Probably Despicable Me, (hence the whole unicorn thing) super cute!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 20, which is really strange to write. My parents, youngest brother, two aunts, cousin, and grandma drove up to surprise me the morning of, and we all went out to lunch. Then the CCFers gave me a little cupcake and a special video and they let me go to IHOP to celebrate. Then some of the CCF/XAers showed up at my door around midnight to surprise me! As if that weren’t enough, I walk into my apartment the day after my birthday to a room full of streamers, balloons, cake, presents, and some of my favorite people. :D CCF and my roommates and family definitely made it an amazing day(s).
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A trip to China. :P
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Lots of mixing and matching, scarves, and big earrings. Also wore a lot more neutrals than before.
34. What kept you sane?
GOD, of course.
Also, phone calls with my mom and late-night talks with Annie, Jules, and Vicky
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
That infamous Mark Chen. ;)
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
The CCF alumni, most def. And my family when I’m away at school.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
My London ladies and our CCF first-years!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010?
“Unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain that build it.” I can try and try to get everything done perfectly but I’m nothing without God’s grace. The best moments of this year were moments where I finally just let goooo and trusted God. Really freeing.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Baby monkey, riding on a pig, baby monkey! The world has gone insane.”
My brothers will not stop singing this song. And really, this year was pretty insane. In a good way though. ^_^
I’m excited to see what God brings in 2011!!!!